Taking Maltaq for A fib. Will I be able to stop medication?

I have been taking Maltaq for A-Fib, I have asked my doctor if I can stop taking it and he said I could, but need to know that I may go back into A-Fib. This was all via phone, not in his office. I want to go and see him in person, My question is what do I need to ask him to help me through this, taking me off this medicine.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
ur question is not complete u said u r on medicine for A-fib but did not mentioned that r u in sinus rhythm, if yes then how long u r maintaining it, because stopping of medicine will depend upon above things