Taking M2 tone. Missed periods. UPT negative. Should I continue the Tab?

hi , am 30 yrs and trying to conceive. i was prescribed to m2-tone for 3 month but after taking them for 2 and a half month i missed my period and stopped .this is my second week after i missed my period on 5th day i took a pregnancy test which turn negative, was it early for the test or am i not pregnant? should i continue with the remaing half of my medication? please advice because i have never missed my periods before and they are always regular exept now.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012