Taking Lovastatin, have IBS. How long does it take for medicine to get out of body?

I have had IBS for more than 10 yrs. just about the time I started taking lovastatin . I never realized that this can cause diarrhea and intestinal problems in a small percentage of people and in this small group it usually occurs in age 60 and older. I m 65. My husband discovered this after he started taking red yeast rice to lower his colesterol. He started have intestinal problems and looked it up and found they have the same thing in them. I decided to stop taking Lovastatin for a while to see if it makes a difference. How long does it take for Lovastatin to get out of your system? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012