Taking Jalramet for diabetes. Want to have child. Should I take insulin injections?

Hello Doc. I am a diabetic 27 year old lady. My diabeties was recognised 1.5 years ago after 1 year of marriage. I am taking jalramet50/1000mg twice in a day. I want to have child now. Do I need to leave this medicine and start taking insulin injections .. Is it mandatory to switch? Actually, I am also taking some medicine Folvite . I had regular periods for past 2 months. But this time I have missed the period. I am having a feeling that i might be pregnant. I will do a pregnancy test today. Please suggest if I need to meet a doctor nearby?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012