Taking Jalra after being diagnosed with diabetes. Increase in sugar levels, advised Istament, Zoryl. Steps to control sugar ?

Hello Sir, I have been diagnosed with diabetes in March 2011 ( Fasting 140, PP 310) and since then I am taking Jalra M 50/500 & 50/1000 once daily. Blood sugar was in control but since past 3-4 months it has again risen to the level of 2011. Doctor has now advised me to take Istament 50/1000 once in morning and once in evening plus Zoryl 1mg in the morning. Please advise why my medicine has been changed and let me know the steps to control blood sugar. Also at what stage doctor decide to give insulin instead of medicine. How can I avoid that stage? Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013