Taking Glynase for blood sugar and Olmesafe for blood pressure. Prescribed Metsartan. Right medication?

i am a T2DM and on glynase and galvas 50 tab.My blood sugar is FBS 135,PP 105,HBA1C 7.2. For blood pressure i am taking Olmesafe H,S Numlo 2.5 daily .My BP at docs office was 160/80,at home 145/70.The doc has asked me to stop all bp medicines and take Metsartan 50. My Sr Cr is 1.5.My age is 67 yrs and weight is 79kg. I have read somewhere that beta blockers slows down the heart pumping and circulation may affect in diabetics.i dont have any cardiac prob till now.I am confused regarding metsartan and would be grateful if u can help me in following the right treatment.Thankin you Regards P M nayak
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012