Taking Glycomet for PCOD. Frequent periods. Risks of taking Bigomet?

I am 27 year old with PCOD for 1 year. I was taking Glycomet for last 3 months. But i was very upset because of the side effects mainly related to stomach pain, nausea, digestion problem. I stopped the tablet but now i got the period in 10 days only. So my doctor has suggested Bigomet now. Can you tell me risks associated with taking and not taking the tablets? Is it that i will need to be on such medication for lifetime? The thought of this is disturbing me.. Thanks for any help
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013