Taking Galvus and insulin. Reducing fasting sugar level. Are insulin doses okay?

after taking galvus 50 1 tab in morning + pen insulin two times daily my father s (age 60, type 2, 25 years having blood sugar , creatinin 3.1) fasting sugar level reducing everyday for that his doses of insulin is now standing at 10-2 while earlier (before starting galvus 50) it was much high. is that ok for his health? i presume that very soon there will be no need of taking insulin in the night. please also tell me the side effect of taking galvus 50 1 tab in morning + pen insulin two/one time(s) daily.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012