Taking Formonide 400 for breathing problems and wheezing. Is it safe to take for long duration?

Dear Doctor, thank you for this service. I am a Sri Lankan and treated by a USA qualified Chest Specialist. I have been on Formonide 400 for 6 weeks when I was suffering from breathing problems and wheeze (recurred after 5 months in November 2012. I went for a follow up as requested by Doctor and he has asked me to continue for another 4 weeks -1 capsule inhaled twice a day and then to come over to taper/reduce the dosage again and wean off. I am also on deripyllin retard 150 mg at night. I have no wheeze but doctor said this is a preventive measure long term. My question is; is it safe to take formonide for such a long period? Is this safe doctor? Thank you, Arlene Sri Lanka
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013