Taking Epidural injection for back surgery. MRI showed nerve entangled in scar tissue. Any alternatives for pain?

Hi, I had back surgery two years ago and have had to have epidural injections several times. The last epidural did not work and I am in severe pain. I had an MRI yesterday and went to the Dr today and was told that my nerve is entangled in scar tissue . He basically said he could not do anything for me other than an implanted stimulator. Is there any other alternatives for this severe pain? I am only 34 years old and I can t be in this pain an function. I don t want to take a lot of drugs either.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013