Taking Enelapril and birth control. How do I know I should still be taking medicine?

I am currently taking enelapril and had a reading about 5 yrs ago of 200/210, My readings now are low 150/90. How do I know that I should still be on this drug for my Blood pressure? Will a blood test tell the psysician what drug is best and if I should continue or switch? I also take a injection for Birth control. I think a hysterectomy is in my future, should I seek the council of a Endocronologist for my hormone readings and suggestions on what I should be doing for myself in the future ? Depo now for 5years.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013