Taking Diabex for type 2 diabetes. Have constipation. Is it a side effect?

My name is Bob. I am currently taking 2x500mg tablets of diabex XR with my dinner each night - for Type 2 diabetes . From various net sites, I notice that one fairly common side-effect can be diaorhea (runs). However, my problem is the opposite, quite painful constipation . I haven t seen it listed on any of the many websites I ve visited. (Up until 2 weeks ago, I was taking 2x500 mgs - tablets - of diaformin, but the BGL was creeping up too high). Can constipation be a side effect please? My doctor is on holidays until the beginning of Feb. Thank you. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013