Taking Clomid with HCG injection for infertility, prescribed Duphaston. Will this medicine cause any birth side effects?

Hi, I am on my first month of taking clomid with HCG injection for unexplained infertility having ttc for 18 months and I have been prescribed Duphaston to take for 2 weeks while I wait to find out if the clomid has worked and I am pregnant, the doctor also mentioned that I would have to take Duphaston for 2 months if I am pregnant, I have not had my progesterone level tested. Reading the information this is usually only prescribed to women who have a history for miscarriage or have undergone ivf and/or have low progesterone levels.. I am really concerned about taking this as reading into it the drug has been banned in some countries and can cause birth defects...can you advise? When have these defects occurred and what is the % statistics for this? Also should I be taking this based on my medical history? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013