Taking Ceftriaxone for diabetic ulcer. Low blood sugar at night. Due to medicine?

Hello, I am being treated with Baxter Ceftriaxone Na for a infection in my heel as the result of a diabetic ulcer. I have been on 2gr/50ml daily infusion for eight days. Within the past five days I have been experienceing low blood sugar overnight, down as low as 32.The evening 2.5mg of Glipizide has been discontinued with marginal improvement. No more 32, but 75 & 80. Because the Ceftriaxone is the only change in my medications protocol it seems reasonable to me to find out if it could cause a interference or upset in my Diabetes treatment . I take many other medicines for several illnesses, but this is the first time I have had to deal with this issue of a cascading of low blood sugar.
Is there any evidence that suggests that Ceftriaxone has such an effect on blood gluclose levels. Thank You. Bob G.

Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013