Taking Cefadur for infection. Can i try for a baby in this situation?

I am of 36 years old lady having a 10-1/2 years son. My last period date was Jan. 1, 2013. I want to conceive now. Today is 7th and my husband and I want to plan the baby from today onwards, but due to some infection, I have to take Cefadur 500mg tab.( antibiotic ) twice daily from today for 5 days. My query is whether we can go ahead according to our planning or we have to wait for 5 more days so that I can complete this antibiotic course. Please guide. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Hi Rekha,

This is ok that you start trying to conceive while you are having this antibiotic for the infection.

The group of antibiotic with which this belongs to are considerd safe in pregnancy and at this time you are not pregnant. It also depends on the severity of infection you are suffering from that what abtibiotic and for how much duration you have to take. If the infection is severe and long duration of antibiotic therpay is required than I would suggest that you should better finish with your antibiotic course and treated with the infection and than try for conceiving.

Thanks and take care