Taking Bactrum for vaginal infection. Severe itching on vagina, labia swollen. Is this a reaction to the Bactrum ?

I started taking Bactrum yesterday at about 6pm for a possible vaginal infection. About 30-40 min. Later I felt very itchy on my vagina. I was at work so I just dealt with it. I went home about 10pm went to bed and could not sleep fdue to the itchiness. My labia became swollen then I got up this morning and my lips on my mouth were swollen. Is this a reaction to the Bactrum. Dr. Told this morning to give it a few days but I don t think I can tolerate it that long.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013