Taking Atenolol for racing heart, also on ometprozol. Should I wean off Atenolol since ometprozol causes racing heart?

I am taking 25 mg Atenolol for a racing heart . I recently found out ometprozol (generic for prilosex) can produce a racing heart, so my gastrologist recommended stopping atenolol thru January to see if the racing heart stopped and started me on another acid reducer until I see her the end of January. I called my primary doctor and informed him of this, and he did not want me to stop atenolol, so now I am confused. I want to stop for at least January, but do I need to wean off the 25 mg. or can I just stop? Thank yu
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013