Taking Amoxicillin. Have asthma, high WBC levels. Medication safe?

Good morning. I am currently 3 months along and was just givien Amoxicillin at 500 mg every eight hours for what seems to be another lung infection. I have severe asthma normally due to high levels of white blood count caused by elevated leukotrienes. Absolutely no allergies, was tested. Is this medication safe and at the current dosage prescribed. It seems excessive. Also, the hospital administered a dose of magnesium in an IV stating it will relax my bronchial muscles and stated that they give this at times to stop contractions. An ultrasound given after the magnesum was administered showed the baby curled up in a ball. I am worried for my child. Is magnesium safe. My asthma has become uncontrollable and I am worried for the baby whether given all these measures or not. Thank you in advance for your response.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013