Taking Amlong MT 50 regularly for BP. Have throat pain, fever. On amoxicillin. Further?

Hello, I am taking Amlong MT 50 regularly for my blood pressure . I am currently in France and I am suffering from severe throat pain (the phase of fever is over) for the past three days. Doctor had indicated that, if no improvement after 3 days, I may start the antibiotics Amoxicilline but I had not told him about my taking Amlong MT 50. Can you just tell me if I can safely take the antibiotics or not. It is said on the note that Amoxicilline should not be taken if taking medicines containing méthotrexate or even allopurinol . Kindly advise. Thanking you in advance.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013