Taking Alprazolam. Have nausea, palpitation and high BP when stopping medicine. Suggest alternative drugs

Hi I m taking alprazolam 1mg daily in divided doses as follows: 0.25mg in morning, 0.25 mg afternoon and 0.5mg at night for past nine months. I realise that I ve developed serious dependence on this medicine and whenever I try to discontinue it even gradually I face serious withdrawl symptoms such as high blood pressures and nausea and even heart palpitations and eventually I end up taking even higher dose of alprazolam. Last friday I tried reducing it by 0.25mg but faced such serious withdrawl symptoms that Iam now taking 2mg of it each day. I have a mild pulmonary valve stenosis and I take verapamil 40mg in the morning each day as well as NSAID 75mg daily.Kindly suggest me ways together with alternate drugs so that I can get rid of alprazolam without any withdrawl symptoms, while keeping in mind that the alternate drugs do not contra-indicate with verapamil and NSAID as I take them regularly and comfortable with taking them. Thankyou.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012