Taking Adco Retic with potassium and water tablets, have unpleasant urine smell. Cause?

Hi I have been taking Adco Retic tablets for about 25yrs now and have only in the past 6mths have been advised that I must take potassium as well. However i have found that my urine smell is not very pleasant. Could i be taking too much potassium now.100mg a day is what i am on. I also take the water tablet once a day. Thank you. My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response

Adco Retic tablet is an antidiuretic containing amiloride and hydrochlorothiazide. Usually, such antidiuretics are associated with loss of electrolytes rather than fluids, that's why your doctor prescribed pottasium intake.

The urine smelling bad could be because of an infection, so you can do the urine analysis and take drugs accordingly.