Taking Abilify. Difficulty concentrating. Side effects of long term usage?

yes! I have been on abilify for a few mnths now, and was wondering does this sort of drug reduce balance in the mind and slow down certain functions within the brain. reason being... I have had great difficulty concentrating on my swimming . I think:- this causes me to slow up on certain aspects of exercise, knowing that this is one of the key needs for me trying to control my weight. Knowing this is an anti psychotic drug i was wondering what side effects this tablet may have within the long course of me taking this? I also, have my own psychiatrist , nurse etc! and they see me on a regular basis, i am not sure this tablet is fit for me taking, abut they have assured me that it will do some good in the near future. I keep on taking a chain the abilify, roughly approx:- 28 tabs to the box and once i finish taking one course i continue to have repeat prescriptions to follow on the course with full effect. I think this tablet plays havoc with the functions of the brain. And i would like to get some expert advice as to why this drug is so enhanced, and what gives you this sort of unstable effect.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013