Taking 200 micrograms of thyroxine and contraception pill. Got positive HPT. Possible?

Hi, I am currently taking 200 micrograms of thyroxine and a contraception pill daily. Don t know what the contraceptive pill is called but I must take it at the same time every day. I should be taking 175 micrograms of thyroxine but I ran out of the 25 micrograms and the 50 micrograms about 2 weeks ago and due to working full time I just didn t get round to asking for more tablets until yesterday so i now have some more on order which I will get on Monday. But the issue is that I am approx 10 days over due my period and I have done a pregnancy test and it says I am pregnant 2-3 weeks. Could I be pregnant?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
When taken correctly, birth control pills can be up to 99% effective in preventing pregnancy. However, women who are taking birth control pills do on rare occasions get pregnant. When this happens, it is most often because of something the women did (or, more likely, did not do), not because the pill itself somehow failed to work.
One may miss some dose and forget it or you might vomit it out or if you are taking some other medicine like anti seizure medicine or some herbal medicine or some antibiotic,rendering it less effective.

You can definitely be pregnant however you may confirm it again by doing pregnancy test by both the ways,urine as well as blood estimation of beta HCG.
The accidental increased dose of ELTROXIN has no relation with your pregnancy.