Takes low dose of lipitor. Test report shows low HDL, Vitamin D, testostorone. How to control them?

Hi Dr - I am a 50 year old male who takes a very low dose of Lipitor (5 mgs) for almost a decade. Recent test numbers indicated good numbers with the exception of a low HDL . However, my Vit D and free testostorone values were low. Starting with Vitamin D , how much should I be supplementing with daily as I live in Canada with little sun and lots of snow over the winter blah months. I have read anywhere from 5000iUs per day to 50,000 per week. What is your best opinion? Thx, Rob
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013