Taken up training routine involving leg work, have pain in the back of knee to mid-calf that is worsening. Possible causes?

Hi, my name is Leon and I m a 17 year old athlete. I have been trying a new training routine this year which involves a lot of leg work(agility drills, calf raises, squats, etc.). I lifted weights on Monday as i have for the past two months: same stretches, same lifting order, a normal Monday workout for me. Tuesday morning, my calves were sore, as usual, and the discomfort in my left leg subsided by the next day. My problem is, the pain in my right leg, especially in the back/inside of the knee to mid-calf, has not only stayed, but has progressively gotten worse. I need to know if this is a matter which i should bring up with my regular physician, and any possible ideas of what the problem may be.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013