Taken unwanted 72 before intercourse, missing periods, pregnancy test negative. Cause for missing periods?

Hey. I had intercourse with my husband without any protection , I felt that something unusal had happened , therefore to avoid any pregnancy I had taken unwanted 72 a Indian pill to be taken post intercourse upto 72 hrs , but after taking that , I had not got my periods as per regular time and almost 9 days had exceeded as per the schedule but yet nothing had happened . I had gone for a litmus test for pregnancy it is also negative ? Then why ian not attaing my periods ? Iam 34 yrs with 2 child s Nisha Jain
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012
Hi Nisha, if you took the ipill within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse and now, inspite of delayed periods, your pregnancy test is negative it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant. Ipill contains high levels of female hormones which though prevent conception ,also cause hormonal imbalances which lead to alteration in the onset of periods ,either causing it be early or delayed as in your case. I suggest you take hormonal pills like Regesterone to induce withdrawal bleeding and your cycles will regularise on their own.