Taken two strips of Microgynon 30 consecutively, brown discharge, short period. Is it normal to have a short period after two pill packets?

Hi, I have taken two strips of Microgynon 30 consecutively but towards the end of the second strip I had some brown discharge . Then a few days before my period was due there was some spotting; then my period came but it only lasted two days instead of five. I m concerned because I continued to have sex (with the pill as the only form of contraception ) because I was sure that I was protected because the pills were taken correctly. Is it normal to have a short period after two pill packets? Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013