Taken treatment for pneumonia. Low potassium and chloride level. Taken Potklor. Is it ok to stop this?

Sir, My father (aged 75) was recently discharged from the hospital, he is treated for pneumonia (IV COPD ) for about 40 days, also his potassium and chloride level is low and the hospital treated for that also. Yesterday his potassium level is 4.04 and chloride is 137.5. The doctor does not mentioned the POTKLOR syrup (thrice a day) in his medicines list at the time of discharge but we gave him POTKLOR for 3 days after his discharge from the hospital. The doctor analyized the reports and instructs to stop POTKLOR. Is it OK to stop this ? as in the hospital they are giving POTKLOR regularly upto his discharge day. Also, my father is on O2 (2 liters per minute - 24 hours), his O2 level (saturation) is 88 (without O2) on the day of his discharge and 83 (without O2) a day before discharge. Please advise how much time he will take to attain the normal O2 level.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012