Taken radiotherapy and chemotherapy for glioma. Difficulty breathing, pain in side. Sign of stroke?

Hi, my name is Malissa and my husband has recurrent mixed glioma in the left side of the brain. He had a partial resection and whole brain and beam radiation in 2003. He maintained stability til 2011. He went through chemo for over a year and when that stopped working he was given another full course of radiation. Though there were side effects he had been doing fairly stable since the radiation ended. On Tuesday morning he awoke fairly normally, but after a few hours he was suddenly much worse. He could barely speak, kind of like Charlie Brown s teacher. We felt the right side of his face was slightly slack. His ability to walk or move his right hand was bad also. I thought it might have been a stroke . He refused to go to the Doctor. The question I have has to do with one of his other symptoms. Monday night he complained of pain running from the edge of his left breast under his arm toward the back. Since Tuesday when he has this pain his breathing gets really odd. It isn t really shortness of breath as much as breathing with a continual hitch in it. It is sort of shallow, but it is more like hiccup breathing without the hiccups. Since I can not convince him to go to the Doctor this is kind of an academic question. But can the pain in his side and breathing problem be a sign of a stroke also? And if all of this does point to a stroke, which type would it point ?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013