Taken overdose of sleeping pills, discomfort in head, unstable when walking. Will I die if I sleep?

I took over the counter generic sleeping pills - forgot the name but same ingredient as Benadryl . Wasn t falling asleep right away so I took more. And more. Not trying to overdose - just wanted to sleep. I am home alone and don t want to call 911 and cause a commotion. My head feels funny and I feel unstable to walk. Wanted to get to bathroom to get water, but had to crawl. I am sure that I took too many. The pills are each 50 mg. I remember that from the box. I took five of them. Directions say to take one. I am scared that I have overdosed. I took the pills three hours ago. I am lying in bed typing this because I am too unsteady to walk. Does the fact that I am coherent enough now mean that I won t die if I close my eyes and go back to sleep? I am scared.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012