Taken norethisterone after periods has started, heavy bleeding, pain. Will this pill helps to reduce or stop period?

Hi I was due to take Norethisterone in a couple of days time (3 days before period). I am going on holiday tomorrow but have got my period today (early by a week) and so have taken first tablet . I suffer badly with pain as well as bleeding heavily and fainting . Will the pills work if I started them today and at least reduce my period whilst I am away because I started taking them late?
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012