Taken morning after pill, had two periods. Still passing old blood. Suggestions?

Hi. I took the morning after pill about a month ago and during that time I had two periods. I didn t expect to have a period until a few months down the line but I had one last week. While I m no longer bleeding , I m still passing old blood nearly 3 days after my period should have stopped, and I have slight discomfort. Do you have any suggestions as to what this could be?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012
hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
In my opinion you need to do a urine pregnancy test and then a pelvic ultrasonography to see for any pelvic pathology or the condition of the endometrium. in case everything is normal then wait for your next period which if abnormal you should visit your gynecologist.
wish you all the best and take care.