Taken medication for UTI. Now heavy periods. Normal?

I suffered from UTI 2-3 weeks ago. I was put on medication for around a week and felt better after the very first day of medication. I just got my period a day ago and its unnaturally heavy. Probably the heaviest period i have ever had till now in my life. I am 29 yrs old. Is this a one time thing and get normal by itself or should i be worried?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
For UTI you might be on strong antibiotics which might cause heavy bleeding .To confirm you require gynacology consultation and pelvic ultrasound scan to rule out fibroid, pelvic inflammatory disease which also can produce heavy bleeding.Meantime have plenty of liquids, iron supplement and iron rich foods