Taken injections for heel spur and hammer toe. Leg swollen, pain. Test normal

About a month ago I had cortsisone shots for my heel spur and also for a hammer toe . I received two shots a week for three weeks. After about a week my leg, ankle and top of my foot became extremely swollen with a great deal of pain in the veins. I have had an ultrasound for a blood clot (negative), exrays (not fractures ) and an MRI which showed nothing wrong. Could the doctor have hit a vein and caused the inflamation. The pain was very intense and the foot was purple and blue
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012