Taken flu shot, sore throat, unproductive cough, fever, shoulder pain, nausea. Side effects?

I got the flu shot yesterday. I felt perfectly normal beforehand. Within a couple of hours my throat got scratchy and sore, an unproductive cough, exhausted, slight fever, overall weakness, achey from my shoulders on up, a little nausea , and not much of an appetite . Side effects of the shot? If so, when will they wear off? What can I do to combat the side effects? I m a single mom of 3 small kids who are all perfectly healthy. I can t afford to be sick. Please help!
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012