Taken doxycycline, had unprotected oral sex, blood test shows negative TPHA and positive VDRL. Possible?

Hi Doctor, Last month i got my blood check and got VDRL negative and TPHA positive (no titre stated, just reactive). Immediately the doctor prescribed me with doxycline for 10 days 100mg a day. After a month the blood check VDRL and TPHA become negative. Is this possible considering TPHA will be remain positive for life ? do i need to test with FTA-ABS ? Sexual exposure - receiving unprotected oral sex and protected intercourse
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012