Taken contraception pills after having sex, now spotting. Am I pregnant?

i had only been taking my conterception pills a day or two prior to having intercourse, after completing my months cycle of pills i realised i had no more (skipping the whit suga pills). after a few days i got a new script and started a new month this caused light stotting and now both myself and my cycle are rather has been two to three weeks since the start of this ordeal and im paranoied of being pregnate, is there any really noticable symptons that occur in this time. if i stop taking my controception pills and have a period does that mean i am not pregnate? i have purchaced a home testing kit but cycle i am unsure how long to wait before proceeding with the kit to get a correct reading
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
If you are taking your pills regularly then the chances of getting pregnant are almost negligible. It is normal to skip periods or have mild irregular spotting after taking the false pills. You can test for pregnancy after your periods are overdue by 7 days.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Rakhi Tayal