Taken antibiotics for tooth abscess. Fluid build up in roof of mouth. Do I need to get it lanced?

I have a tooth abscess that I saw my doctor about yesterday. I can t afford to see a dentist (in australua we have free health care but this doesn t include dentists). He prescribed some antibiotics to clear the infection and the swelling and pain has already improved a lot. But there is now a fluid build up in the roof of my mouth. Do I need to get it lanced at the doctor? Or will it eventually drain on its own? I m only on day 2 of a 5 day course of antibiotics.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012