Taken antibiotics for constant sore throat. Suspect viral infection. How can I get rid of it?

Hi, I have a question about my soar throat . I constantly have a soar throat (for over a year now). I had a two sets of antibiotics prescribed so suspect it is not a bacterial but viral infection as no change was seen after the antibiotics treatment. How can I possible get rid of it? Thank you very much for your help in advance. Kind regards, Viktoria
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
You are either suffering from chronic pharyngitis or gastroesophageal reflux disease. Both of them produce long standing sore throat.
Chronic pharyngitis is nothing but long standing infection of throat and GERD is a condition where the stomach acid regurgitates into the throat.
You will require examination to determine the exact cause.
Regards, Dr Kishori