Taken antibiotics for chest infection. Have itchy vaginal area, excessive discharge, flaky skin. What should I do?

Hello... I find this quite embarrassing, hence why i haven t yet been to my own Doctor. I have had these symptoms since December..... Background: I had a bad chest infection/ flu symptoms before Christmas. I couldn t take time of work so doubled up on the dosage of antibiotics i was taking, i guess to speed up the process. I ve never had a yeast infection , but i think i got one and can only put this down to the antibiotics i was taking.... very itchy vaginal area and surplus of discharge - it wasn t thrush, i have had that years ago. Anyway, the itchiness has remained and just above the clitoris and around the lips (both sides) the skin is intermittently flaky, itchy and i can only describe it as paper cuts - if that makes any sense. Sometimes i get relief for a few days a dn think its gone away, but like today its all red, flaky, stings and there can be red bumps sometimes. what should i do or take?? I m 41 years old, 42 in June. Thanks for reading..
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013