Taken antibiotics for abscess on labia. Now itchy, burning, swollen, hairless skin. Heard of this?

Hi Dr. Lundi, I have had 3 rounds o antiobiotics (keflex once and cipro twice) to clear what appeared to be an abscess on the left labia - 7 cm x 4 cm. I was just referred to Infectious diseases for a stronger medicine and may have to wait a couple of weeks for this appt. I am extremely itchy, with burning, inflammed with hairless skin that is swollen and uncomfortable. Have you ever heard of something like this? Apparently there is no abcess to remove but rather extreme chronic inflammation with infection. I asked if it might need to be cut away but got no response from my ob/gyn who is a surgeon. I asked to continue the cipro until my appt in case it flares up again as it seems that this infection is just being kept at bay.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
itchy burning swollen hairless skin even after using antibiotics should be incised and drained by a surgeon.after that use a broad spectrum antibiotic and a antinflammatory agent to cure it