Taken antibiotics. Had toe surgery. Have infection. Red and tender mouth and tongue. Due to medicine?

I HAVE BEEN ON BACTRIN FOR 30 DAYS, THEN HOSPITALIZED WITH ANTIBIOTICS INRAVENOUSLY FOR 4 DAYS, & NOW GOING FOR ANTIBIOTICS INTRAVENOUSLY DAILY TO THE HOSPITAL OUT PATIENT FOR 5 DAYS. I HAD TOE SURGERY FEB.7TH, & GOT AN INFECTION AFTER THE STITCHES WERE REMOVED. CULTURES SHOWED NOTHING . THE DOCTOR THINKS THE INFECTION CAME FROM A COUPLE STITCHES WHICH DID NOT DISSOLVE. I ALSO HAVE A WOUND VAC, AS THE METAL PLATE & SCREWS WERE SHOWING. PROBLEM: MY MOUTH & TONGUE ARE BRIGHT RED & VERY TENDER. CAN THIS BE FROM THE MEDICATION? WHAT SHOULD I DO? THANK YOU, DIANE
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013