Taken abortion pills. Bleeding, passing clots, swollen stomach. Inconclusive pregnancy test. How serious is this?

A friend took pills to abort 10 days ago. She is still bleeding , passing clots and has a noticeably swollen stomach . We live in rural India and the doctor here has just asked her to take a pregnancy test again. It was inconclusive. I would like her to go to the city for more professional care but she is refusing. Can you tell me how serious this is? What symptoms indicate she is not getting better?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013