Taken Norethisterone to delay period. Spotting after periods. How can I stop the bleeding?

Hello I took Norethisterone for 14 days ftom 8 November to delay my period while on a special holiday. I was fine while taking them. My period started 4 days after stopping taking them and was normal apart from being a bit heavier. My period stopped as normal after 4 days and then for 7 days I was fine. I then started with spotting (about a tabllespoon per day). My next period was due on 24 December but started on 19 December and the first 2 days were fine but today it is very very heavy and is just like fresh red blood . Upon awaking today my whole bed is soaked in blood even though I use a menstral cup. According to the Internet the side effects of this drug are awful and can last for 3 months. I need to know if there is anything I can buy over the Chemist counter to stop this bleeding as I am due to go away tomorrow for Christmas but will have to cancel as I do not want to stain my relative s bedding. June
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012