Taken Nordette after unprotected sex. No periods. Will Nordette work?

My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex last april 14, but I was able to release outside of her. But we were scared of the effects of the pre ejeculate while having sex, so she took Nordette as an emergency contraception.She took 4 pills at 6pm, then another 4 pills at 6am.

However, last april 20, we had another unprotected sex, but this time I released my ejaculation inside of her. Being more paranoid than the first time, She took Nordette again as an emergency contraceptive. But we weren't able to take the specific time she first took the first 4 pills, so we estimated 12 hours after and she took another 4 pills.

Yesterday supposedly was her period, but it didn't came. She said that she was feeling some of the signs of having her period. Will the Nordette work? When should she have her period? and Should we still take a pregnancy test just in case?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013