Taken Misoprostol for abortion. Brown bleeding, pain. Will medical abortion work?

we have unprotected sex on 1-12-12 and again 8-12-12 , we test with strip on 20-12-12 and my wife was pregnant and she was less than 3 week, for abortion on 21-12-12 she take 4 tablet of misoprostol 200mcg orally and than after 3 hour she again take the same dose, then after few hours she bleed clots of dark brownish color and later heavy pain and heavy bleeding more than periods just once, after this she bleed lightly only for few hours. now after almost 36 hours of taking medicine bleeding stop completely. My question is that in such early stage of pregnancy can medical abortion work or not and she bleed heavily once and modrate for 6 hours and very slightly till 36 hours, blood contains small size particles, what this shows abortion is completed or not, kindly rply me i m worried about it,
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012