Taken Lansoprazole for acid reflux. Normal blood test. Fizzing feeling at the back of throat

Feeling sick every evening, been to doctor who told me it could be acid reflux , I was put in a course of lansoprazole . It was a while ago but I think it helped. I then had blood tests to test for my fbc and helicobactor pylori. Everything came back normal and I haven t taken any more of the lansoprazole since the one month course. Thing is I still feel sick every single evening and i get this fizzing feeling in the back of my throat? Please help I m at my wits end
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Jan 2013
Are you suffering from acidic belching/ abdominal heaviness/ vomiting/ retrosternal burning pain apart from mentioned symptoms?
All these mentioned symptoms may be due to infection with Helicobacter pylori.
Peptic ulcer disease may be in form of chronic gastritis, fundal gastritis, nodular gastritis, follicular gastritis and gastric & duodenal ulcer and adenocarcinoma of stomach.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go endoscopy and biopsy of gastric mucosa.
You should take complete & proper treatment of H. pylori.
You should avoid tomatoes, citrus fruits, tea & coffee and oily spicy food.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Your symptoms of feeling sick (nausea) and a fizzy sensation in your throat seem to be indicative of an acid reflux problem. The fact that Lansoprazole has helped in the past adds more evidence to this. You would benefit from a medictaion like lansoprazole or ranitidine or other anti-acidity medication. In addition I would also advise the following remedial measures:

1) Avoid foods that cause gastric irritation like spicy foods, coffee, tea, carbonated drinks, etc. Smoking and alcohol are also gastric irritants.
2) Eat at regular intervals and avoid delaying meals.
3) Increase the fibre content in your diet - take more of vegetables and fruits.
4) Avoid eating outside; especially avoid all kinds of junk food and fast foods.
5) Try to have a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise and proper sleep habits.
5) Try to avoid stress and try relaxation methods like deep breathing, meditation, etc.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar