Taken Flexeril for lower back pain. Normal MRI. Family history of lung cancer. Chest x-ray needed?

Hi, I pulled me lower back out about 5 months doctor gave mr flexeril because my muscle under my right rib caged was extremely inflamed....the flexeril was too strong for me to take so he said to see a chiropractor...I saw the chiro for 6 weeks...he suggested I get a MRI ...the MRI was of my lower back, but the pain moved slightly up to my mid back and I also had a bad kink that began at that point near my upper right shoulder blade...the receptionist was going to make a quick call to my insurance company to add the mid back to the MRI, but i was nervous that they might not cover it so we just went with the lower back MRI...anyway the MRI came back normal and the chiro said he couldn t help me...someone suggested to go to a physical therapist...finally by just doing simple yoga type stretches the mid back pain is going away slowly...problem is I still have the kink near my shoulder blade and I went for 2 deep tissue massages and it is not feeling any different...feels like a burning spot...I read that some back pain could be a lung issue also....I smoked on and off for about 25 years...I am 47 years old and lung cancer is in my family history...should I get a chest X-ray or ct scan to be on the safe side?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013