Taken Fertyl, bleeding and clots. No menstrual cramps. What is happening?

I am 31 year-old, married for the past one year. I was diagnosed with PCOD when I was 16. Got my periods when I was 14. Irregular periods right from the start. I am overweight as well. Have tried all type of medicines ( allopathy , ayurvedic , homeopathy ). My gynac started me on Fertyl super and duphastone. To take fertyl on the second day of period for five days and duphastone on the 15th day for 10 days. She asked me to try the cycle three times. I am on my second cycle. I got my periods but it is very irregular. The first day the bleeding was very minimal only blood clots, the second day I was passing clotted blood (quite huge in size). The third day I just suffered spotting. I thought my periods have gone and today the fourth day, I started bleeding again. The blood came out two to three times in quick succession and then stopped. Also, this time I have not experienced any menustral cramps which is normal for my other periods. I fail to understand what is happening? Is this the right course of treatment or is something wrong with me?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012