Taken Augmentin for fever. Taken azithromycin for bad throat and fever. Normal to have prolonged fever?

Hi My wife is suffering from fever from past 10 days. Fever came down from 103f to 100 f as she is taking Augmenton ( amoxil ) from past 7 days on doctors advise 1000mg 2 times a day. There was fever and bad throat 2 weeks agom before this fever and the doctor gave azithromizine for 3 days but then fever returned after this again. Is it normal to have fever for that long ? Or should I change my doctor.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013